
Here is Logan, hot and sweaty from playing outside in the heat and humidity (
uughh)...getting ready for his first buzz cut.

Logan, buzzed and cleaned up. He didn't want to get his hair buzzed because he said the
mosquitos would bite his head easier (he has a point, he is a great mosquito
magnet, just like me, and there are plenty around here). He changed his mind when a best friend at church had a buzz cut and when I pointed it out he was all for it. Way to go against the crowd....
baaa! So here he is with his first big boy buzz for the summer.

Next we have Kacie. Chad and I originally said 12 was the age for getting ears pierced, but as Kacie likes to point out, we caved. Chad made a good
argument that she is such a
girly-girl and we decided if we implement the rules of my friend Jessica's parents, it would be okay. So she saved her allowance for weeks to save up for the earrings and last Monday we got them pierced. The rules are no
dangly earrings, only little ones that we parents approve of, or otherwise there will be none. She was so nervous but did it (I worried it would be in only one ear because of how much she squealed that it hurt on the first one). She is very consistent on taking care of them so they won't get infected. She's looking forward to wearing the birthstones her Aunt Melissa gave her awhile ago. So another first---the first time her ears are pierced (and better be the last!).

Okay, this is not a first but is so
stinkin' cute I had to add it. Chad picked up a $1 mask and out of everyone it fit Jess the best. She ran around trying to sing "
da da da da da da.....batman!"
1 comment:
You guys caved on letting Kacie get her ears pierced...sham on you. This is going to make it even harder on us.(jk). Lindsay wants her ears pierced too. Lindsay points out all her cousins who had their ears pierced. Eva is the youngest..she was a baby, Eliza was 6, Hannah was 7, and now Kacie at the age of 8. We have been telling her she had to wait until she was 12, like I was when I had my ears pierced. I am on the caving side too. You were my strength and example to keep going. I think Lindsay may get her way before she turns 5, if she can sweet talk her Dad.
Post a Comment