I just wanted to write down a couple of recent quotes from the kids.
Logan was playing with the next door neighbor. They had built up pillow forts and were tossing plastic food bombs at each other in their battle. They were having lots of fun, and I heard the usual noises that go along with such a game. Then I heard Logan cry triumphantly, "Give me liberty or give me death!" I'm not sure the other boy even knew what he meant. I just laughed. We have been studying the beginning of our country and the Revolutionary War. Patrick Henry has some great quotes and we have enjoyed reading them-- Logan really likes this one.
We were reading scriptures last night as a family. I worked on getting a band-aid put on Jessie's sore toe as we listened. Chad read something referring to Jesus and Jessie got all excited and started talking about him. She asked if he'd come back again and we reassured her he would. She said "Yeah!!" and clapped her hands. She went on to say she would share her pillow with him. Then she got a concerned look on her face. She said when Jesus comes back again she will give him band-aides "for his side were the spear went" and for his hands. I'm sure that would bring a smile to His face!
Welcome to our website
6 years ago
4 comments:
It is so good to document those quotes. Eden says something funny everyday and I can't remember them all.
How sweet! I love keeping track of the things my kids say. They are so funny and sometimes so much wiser than I am.
Oh my heck, that's so cute! I miss you guys. :(
Becky,
My blogsite is www.stephenkrauseart.blogspot.com if you want other to see my art work.
Love Dad
Thanks for teaching your children the great value of their freedom. You are doing a great job.
Post a Comment