We have never seen so many bugs, such big bugs, or so many strange bugs as we have living here in North Carolina. Every year we discover at least one more strange bug. Last year we discovered bag worms. It looked like small pine cones on our bush and tree. But if you watched, out poked worms from each pine comb shaped bag and ate the plant around it. The tree and bush were almost destroyed. The only way to get rid of them was to pick them off by hand and burn them.

I noticed this bug when I came home the other night. Check out not only how it looks, but the size of it! It is the size of the outdoor outlet cover. Anyone know what it is?

5 comments:
I googled it and I think it is a luna moth. I have seen those before but I don't know about the gross worms you were talking about. Bleh.
http://www.pestproducts.com/bag-worm.htm#Pictures
pictures of bagworms on here
Stephanie, I think you are right and it is a luna moth. I just googled other things I keep digging up in the garden, they are white grubs, which turn into May Beetles. They are nasty looking but the chickens love them.
Okay that thing is creepy.
Wow that is awesome!! Love it, whatever it is :)
That is most odd! I'd hate to feel that thing creeping on me!!!
Post a Comment