Since right before my surgery, Jess has been asking to get her haircut. I told her to wait (till I was better after surgery, life was too chaotic to do it then). Lately she hates her hair even being combed so I suspect that was why she wanted it cut, and her hair gets in her face if I don't keep the bangs trimmed (she'll
hardly keep anything in it to help). As her hair is growing it is doing what Kacie's did, growing in straighter. Everyone always comments on her cute curly hair.
Below is a picture to try and give you a look at the adorable curls that were soon to go bye-bye as she grew older, reminders of her soon-to-be-gone babyhood....but it
doesn't do full justice of showing her full head of curls.
Well, Jess took matters into her own hands.
I was resting the other night; Chad watched the kids while I did so. I could hear Chad playing Battleship with Kacie and Logan in the kitchen. I heard the
pitter-patter of Jessie's feet upstairs and hoped she wasn't getting into trouble. Chad didn't check on her and we both ignored the thoughts that we should.
Jessie came down and asked to take a bath in our tub. Chad bathed her and headed with her upstairs to get her pj's. He didn't notice anything MISSING until he got upstairs and found 3 large piles of curls and 2 pairs of scissors. More was in the bathroom too. (In the next pictures she is not happy, she was tired of the snickers and gasps :).
Can you say MULLET? (There were only curls left in the very back where she couldn't reach I guess).

She was all smiles when she got her hair cut. Just one part up front was too short to mix in well. She seems to really like her hair now.

I hope to do a summary blog next for all the stuff that happened in the last 6 weeks.
3 comments:
Hilarious. Thanks for sharing.
Her mullet picture is so funny I totally laughed out loud! I can't wait to show this to Aric!
AWW! I miss you all so much! Jessie is so funny! I can't believe that she cut off all her curls! I'm going to miss them. :(
Post a Comment