Catching up is the theme of our lives lately. Today is a good day for it. For the first time I decided not to cook Thanksgiving dinner this year and were invited to others' dinners. But today we are just chilling at home, eating hamburgers and leftovers, and not turkey and the
fixins', because Kacie has been very sick for 6 days straight. The doctor thinks it may be mono. She finally doesn't have a fever today, but the poor thing still sounds awful and talks funny because her
tonsills are so swollen they are just about touching! But don't worry, we will get to enjoy Turkey Day; we have a dinner tomorrow. I think Kacie will be well enough to go to. Chad got to play in the annual "Turkey Bowl" football game with friends.
The following are highlights of the last few months, things that happened right before and after my surgery and so haven't been posted about yet.
For Halloween we carved pumpkins as usual. Jessie was the best scooper because she didn't mind the mess. She'd even put stuff back inside the pumpkin to scoop it out again. Logan's and Chad's pumpkin looked the best lit up.




Next came Jessie's 3rd birthday party. she wanted a Sleeping Beauty party and I was a little sad because I was not well enough to make her a cake (I have made a cake for
everyone's birthday every birthday so far...a tradition I started because my Mom made our cakes and it was a highlight of our birthday growing up). Several little girls showed up, dressed as princesses. Jessie dressed as Sleeping Beauty and Kacie did too and acted the part as if Sleeping Beauty showed up as Jessie's birthday guest. (I got to hand it to her, she stayed in character the whole time, even talking with a
falseto voice). I got a picture of Logan dancing with one of the princesses. He's been the talk of the town, all the little girls reminisce about getting to each dance with the prince.
For the few weeks around her birthday Jessie wanted to be called JESSICA, (she said that was her nickname). I'm glad she doesn't mind us calling her Jessie again; I think it fits her better :).

Some have been asking of how my hair looks after the surgery. First is a picture of how my scar is healing and how much my hair has grown in. The second is a picture from the back, my hair covers it all nicely (dang my hair is curly!). The last picture is how I look...no one can tell I even had
surgery unless I tell them or a strong wind blows.

And this picture I think is hilarious. They came down dressed like this one night. How tough of a superhero can you be with your underwear on your head?
There was also a trip to an apple orchard, air show, the temple and the zoo. I'm still pretty new to this blogging thing so maybe someone else knows how to download pictures faster (the ones above took up all the time I had for now) or how to get a way to arrange them together on a page. I still haven't figured that out yet so this is what you get!
As you can see I have so many things to be thankful for. I have wonderful family and friends, I'm gaining my health :) (I am so thankful for how far medicine has come), fun times, I live in our great country; and most of all I am thankful for Heavenly Father and the love he has for all of us, for my Saviour Jesus Christ, and for the gospel I have in my life and the peace and direction it gives me. Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment