Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Cost of Inflation

This year Logan had set up a rock museum and gem mining shop on our front porch. It soon sprawled the whole porch so Chad banished him to the back porch. Logan soon added a science lab to the back porch. The cold weather came and Chad had him pack it all up. So Logan was forced to set up shop in the house. He started collecting ads and all the magazines that have been coming in the mail. He even published his own magazines: drawing pictures, writing some words and making photo copies. One day he came to me and asked if I'd like to buy a magazine for a nickel. So I did.

The next day Logan came back to me asking if I'd like to buy another magazine. As soon as I started to dig through my coins Logan announced, "It's $11".

"Wow", I said, "Yesterday it was just a nickel, the price sure raised a lot".

He said, "The price goes up, it could go down later." I'm waiting for later.

2 comments:

jessica said...

Smart kid you got there!

jessica said...

Aric got his "major award" for his birthday from his brother. He got it online. Now you know what to get Chad next year for Christmas!