Kacie isn't blond naturally but we laugh with her over her blond moments she'll have from time to time. A recent series just cracked me up.
We were out using the gift card we received for MacDonald's. Kacie finished her meal and asked if she could get an apple pie like Dad got. So I told her to take the gift card, stand in line, tell them she wanted 2 pies and use the card to pay for it. I watched her near the line, but people passing her. On his way to the bathroom Chad asked her if she was in line. She said yes, but Chad said, "No you aren't because people are passing you." So he moved her closer and put her right behind a man and told her to follow him in line and when they called her name then go up and tell them what she wanted. Chad headed for the bathroom again but within a few steps came back to clarify and told her, "Kacie, they are not going to call your name; they don't know your name, so when it is your turn go up and order". That brought chuckles from the man. Chad wanted to make sure she wouldn't be standing there when it was her turn, waiting to hear her name.
The next part she related to me as she came back laughing. (She is very animated in retelling things so this won't do it justice). She got up to the counter, ordered and then the lady asked, "For here or to go?". She looked confused, so the lady asked again, "For here or to go?". Kacie bewilderdly asked, "What?" So the lady, using exaggerated hand actions and slow speech, said "For here" (waving hands above counter), "or to go" (pointing towards the doors). Kacie said "Ohhhh! For here!".
She was relating this story to some family friends later that night and it was then I realized she still wasn't quite understanding so I asked here to tell me what 'for here or to go' means. She thought 'to go' meant they would ship it to you! We laughed more about it. I'm glad she can laugh at herself and gets a kick out of life!
Welcome to our website
6 years ago
2 comments:
What a funny girl! It's good that she can laugh at herself. For being a brunette I've had plenty of blond moments in my life.
Oh my goodness! I love Kacie. She is so funny!
Post a Comment