Thursday, August 28, 2008

Another Birthday

I'm a planner; Chad, not so much. I like to think it evens us out. At times though it stresses me out. I have learned to keep a large and easy meal on hand for times when Chad comes home saying, "I invited so and so to dinner".

Kacie and I were discussing what to do for Chad's birthday (she loves parties). In the past Chad told me never to throw him a surprise party and for years he has not been keen on even having a party with anyone except the family. I figured he'd want to go out to eat, have some cake. I was wrong. I just get finished with Logan's birthday and then it's Chad's. Kacie told me he wants pie. What?

So we brought up the subject of his birthday in our Family Home Evening, when we have time for 'family council'. Chad says, let's invite people over for a barbeque (western style, not southern), and let's have pie. So we called to invite people that night, (stopping when we realized there are too many friends we love, but like Chad says, "we can't afford to feed them all."). The next day I spent grocery shopping, cooking, and cleaning for the party that evening. We had 20 plus guests and had a good time. As you can see in the picture, Chad turned 1.

1 comment:

jessica said...

Happy Birthday Chad!

We would have totally partied with you...I am totally assuming we would have been invited:)