Friday, August 29, 2008

I won't quit my day job.

Our neighbor's asked me to let their dogs in and out, and keep an eye on things for a week while they went on vacation. Sure, no problem, they do the same for us. I was glad actually that they asked, it being the first time after a long while.... I think it probably has something to do with when they went away for 3 days. They came over to ask if we'd let the dogs out. No one was home but Chad, who was napping. He answered the door, took their key and said he'd let me know and we'd do it. Oh, 2 1/2 days later, I asked him where this key came from I found floating around. "Oh, (you can fill in), we were supposed to let their dogs in and out for the last three days". he went over, looked around and didn't see puddles, but Chad fessed up to it when they got home later that evening. Poor dogs! The neighbors didn't realize Chad is never "with it" upon waking, especially from a nap, and remembers nothing of it, even if he seems totally awake. (That could be some dangerous info someone could use against him, hmmm).

I was glad they had moved past that, and they made sure to talk to ME, and give ME the key. Well, the last night, they were robbed. About $3k in electronics and such. We have pieced together everything, know who did it, and it looks like it was well planned and staked out for awhile. Nothing I could have done, but it happened on my watch....

1 comment:

jessica said...

That is crazy!!!! At least they know who did it and didn't suspect you guys...I know that Chad can be kind shadey...wszgqfa