"How
old are you?"
Logan, always, "I'm six and only 2 more years till I can get a pocket knife"
(1st picture)
Sluicing....
Sluicing....
Logan is our little rock hound. He loves to get the mail for me because out by the mailbox there are oh so many rocks in the gravel road. It takes awhile for him to actually get the mail, especially if it has been raining and all the rocks are even more shiny. He has set up "rock museum" on our front porch. So it was no surprise when he said instead of a party for his birthday he wants to go to a rock mine again. We headed to the Hiddenite Mine (as seen on TLC or something). It was packed and a long wait (I think other mines we've been to were better...this one let him dig in actual mine areas though, which he wanted to try).
I took a picture just to show how clean mining is! Owen joined Logan for his big day, he's such a ham.
Logan promptly got home and set up his own gem mine in our yard. He asked me, "Mom, what is the closest gem mine to our house?" I answered, "Well, I think it is the one near Lake Lure." "No", he said, "It's Logan's Mine!" You should come visit us and the nearest mine, it has sluicing, digging, gems, gem identification, and only costs 9 cents!
2 comments:
Nine cents?! That's a bargain. We'll be right over. That is a seriously cool cake.
Could you make me a guitar cake for my birthday? One that you can actually play?
Rock mining?!!? What a great idea for a birthday party and your cake "rocks"!
Post a Comment