Thursday, August 28, 2008

The last hurrah!

My surgery is scheduled for September 30th, so I had the kids start school two weeks ago to get in more before my big day. The kids celebrated the end of summer break by inviting friends to spend the night and have some special fun and lots of treats, before their friends go back to school too.

Kacie and her friend Kara, getting ready for our train ride. We also rode the carousel at the park.

Logan and his friend Ethan. He was so excited because this was the first time to invite a friend for a sleepover.

My sidekick, Jessie, excited as all can get out for the train ride and our day at the park. She is so fun because she gets very excited over everything. She screams and is almost in tears to see Dad come home from work! It makes ya feel good to have such homecomings. She tells me everyday that "I grow big!" She wants to make sure I know because everyday she asks, "Get my ears pierced?" I tell her not till she gets bigger.

Now we are in the middle of school and it is going well. I know many people think we are crazy to homeschool, and at times I would agree with that. But overall we really enjoy it. It promotes close relationships with our family, and though sometimes they drive me crazy, I enjoy being around my kids. There are many reasons we choose to homeschool. I know what they are learning and can mold an education for them that fits their needs and interests, and hopefully inspires them to always keep learning and growing. We can instill them with values and Christ-like behaviour; it helps keep out bad behaviours they may pick up otherwise. What about socialization? (A common question)...no problem there, they are some of the most sociable kids I know and can talk to anyone, no matter what age. It also lends us a lot of flexibility with our family life (and we can have great vacations off-season :) ).

2 comments:

Jim Jiminy said...

So,I'm finally caught up on your blog. You guys are in our prayers.

And can I tell you how cute your kids are? We Krauses make good looking kids, that's all I can say.

jessica said...

Although homeschooling is definitely not my thing I can totally appreciate you moms that can do it.

Keep us all posted on the surgery...we'll be praying for you!