Friday, January 9, 2009

Good Moments

As a parent, you go through life sometimes wondering if you're doing things right with your kids. Then you'll overhear or see something that lets you know that you are somewhat on track. Here are some recent ones.

1. Logan went on a 3 day winter hike with Chad and the scouts (he even carried a pack and made the 9 miles really well). Chad got home and told me Logan said he missed me and his sisters and couldn't wait to see us. (Logan even brought me home a rock from the top of the mountain like I requested, all carefully wrapped in a napkin). Later in the evening he was running around with Jessie and playing chase. I heard him stop, then stop her, and then he told her "Jessie, I really did miss you".

(Here is a picture of Chad and Logan on the hike).

2. Jessie, without promptings last week, would daily pray for Kacie to not be sick (she has tonsillitis for the 3rd time) and for me to get better.

3. If Logan and Jessie get to squabbling or something happens to Jessie by way of another kid, whenever Jessie hears, "Say your sorry", even if she isn't being told to apologize she automatically drops everything and gives that person a hug and says "sowwy".

4. My kids aren't embarrassed to say they love each other and don't deny it even if they are mad at each other at the time. (I am amazed at that--they are a good example for me).

2 comments:

jessica said...

Those are the kind of things that make me feel like I'm not totally failing as a parent. Like the yelling and annoying sighs aren't reaching their precious ears...

Good job guys!

Brandy said...

I love that! Great memories.

Hey, I just got your Christmas card from us sent back a few days ago. It took over a month to come back! Anyway, I realized that I didn't update my Christmas address list with your new address. But, it is now updated for next year. Since you have access to our blog, you really didn't miss anything in the card. I loved how you did yours! Very clever.