I just found out the wonderful day of toilet training we had yesterday was a farce! (Jess is being like Logan was---very difficult to potty train.) We now have a chart on the wall that if she tries to go potty she gets a sticker, if she goes she gets another sticker, and when she fills up the chart she gets to go feed the ducks. I thought she went great 3 times yesterday, even though she was wet when she woke in the morning, after her nap, and one time in the day.
I sat in the bathroom with her yesterday morning and she went a tinkle. Later she went twice on her own and she went a lot! She was happy to try again this morning. I sat with her after I took off her diaper (wet) from the night. She sat briefly and went to get up. I told her to sit longer to see if she could go. She said she needed water. I asked her if she wanted a drink. No-- she picked up the container in the potty and went to take it to the sink. I soon found out yesterday she had filled it up twice with water. She said it was too hard to go. So those two times we all got so excited over, gave her stickers and cheers were for water from the sink! How disappointing. I did wonder why the "pee" was frothy and so clear...and was amazed at how much she could go. Now I know. You can lead a child to the toilet but you can't make her pee.
Do I try and peel the stickers off? It would be hard to do; I guess I leave them on for ingenuity.
Welcome to our website
6 years ago
2 comments:
Haha! So cute!!!
What a stinker! I love the way she thinks...You are really making me dread the potty training that I have ahead of me. I forgot how "crappy" it is...
Post a Comment